Director, Product Design
Seattle, WA /
Product – Product Design /
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
Outreach is a unicorn startup that has created a new software category - a Sales Execution Platform to empower sales teams to create and close pipeline in a single system. We make the lives of sales reps easier, more efficient and more impactful by streamlining day-to-day workflows and building ground-breaking tools that give them super powers. We have an outstanding daily/monthly active user ratio and a responsibility to make our user’s daily lives better. Our product design mission is to create user experiences that “earn sales rep love”.
Are you excited to take on complex workflows and deliver fluid and connected experiences for sales teams, powered by industry-leading AI/machine learning on a scaled, accessible, dynamic platform? Lead, inspire and support a diverse team of talented product designers making the complex simple.
We’re looking for a strong product design leader to steward the evolution of sales pipeline creation, core product UI/UX patterns and design systems. You will guide the culture, rituals and norms to empower your team to produce a modern customer-driven product and envision future strategy.
This is a hybrid role, working from our office in Seattle, WA. In this role, you can choose to come into the office everyday if you'd like but the team typically is in office 1-2x/week.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Cultivate a healthy design process and establish best practices for delivering delightful UX
- Raise the design bar for UX flows, interaction and visual designs for your team
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals, capacity and priorities
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on strategic roadmaps, new initiatives, and product vision
- Deepen your team’s understanding of usage patterns across the Outreach application by leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights
- Ensure UX designers deeply understand how salespeople operate
- Amplify product innovation opportunities by connecting dots with data, machine learning and AI teams
- Make key contributions to product strategy
Our Vision of You
- 10+ years of experience designing digital products
- 4+ years of design leadership experience including direct reports
- 4+ years experience working collaboratively with product, engineering, design and user research teams
- Experience working on large scale, complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams
- Proficient across product design workflows including exploratory and evaluative research, design process, strategy & vision, information architecture, interaction and visual UI design
- Experience building meaningful relationships with designers, product managers, engineers and other stakeholder groups e.g. in sales, marketing, and customer support
- Polished written skills, oral communication, and great story-telling are a must
- Experience in a SaaS software product within a B2B context (preferred)
- Experience with sales or adjacent technology software (preferred)
- Experience managing managers (preferred)
- Experience leading design systems teams (preferred)
The base salary range for this role is $130,000.00-$235,000.00. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status