Program Manager, Governance, Risk & Compliance
Security – Security /
Do you have a passion for SaaS and cloud security? Are you passionate about solving important security, privacy and compliance problems for a rapidly growing cloud company? We at Outreach.io need a well-organized governance, risk, and compliance security professional to help operate and mature these foundational programs. We are looking for a capable security professional to manage the successful completion of our audits, assess our security risks and improve the efficiency of our security controls. This role blends project management skills together with traditional compliance expertise and a solid information security background together in order to successfully plan for and drive forward these programs.
You will be responsible for helping maintain existing and achieve new accreditations such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, and HIPAA. Our company is growing fast and this role will grow with it. You will collaborate with others across the company to identify and remediate risks, pass our audits, and improve the overall security posture across the company. You will be working with senior management, technical leaders and engineers, our external auditors and our customers as well.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Driving the Outreach Information Security Management System (ISMS) governance, risk and compliance activities.
- Contributing to our GRC strategy to keep pace with Outreach’s rapid growth while reducing audit impact on operational and engineering teams.
- Developing and evolving information security policy and helping educate teams of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Translating key internal, industry and regulatory obligations including the ISO 27001, SOC 2 and HIPAA into appropriate administrative and technical controls available to control owners.
- Working with control owners to ensure effective and efficient control monitoring, as well as appropriate visibility of control activity.
- Reviewing the operating effectiveness of current controls and developing a program of continual optimization based on feedback from both the ISMS and operational teams.
- Extending the control framework to leverage commonalities between multiple assessments and improve the overall efficiency of the Outreach audit program.
- Leading internal teams through the preparation for and successful completion of a variety of key industry and regulatory audits from audit readiness through final assessment including remediation activities.
- Coordinating key internal, industry and regulatory audits including ISO 27001, SOC 2, TRUSTe, and others.
- Ensuring all in-scope functions and teams are prepared for audits
- Managing auditor relationships.
- Incorporating audit findings and recommendations into Information Security Management System (ISMS) and Control Framework programs.
- Training and communicating responsibilities to control performers including the mapping, review and feedback of controls to specific audit requirements.
- Reviewing audit evidence and any findings to assess and improve control effectiveness.
- Working with Outreach management teams and engineers to identify and capture security risks and collaborate with risk owners to identify and put effective mitigations and remediations into place.
- Organizing and presenting security risks to appropriate teams and managing risk treatment plans from creation through implementation.
- Ensuring cross company support of all aspects of security by establishing partnerships with other Outreach teams with the overarching goal of improving trust of Outreach and its products.
- Leading risk assessment to help drive the risk program to focus on reducing risk throughout the company.
- 4+ years of building and managing compliance programs including risk management, policy definition, and control design.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Hands-on experience managing external auditors and on-site audits including proven experience passing ISO 27001, SOC 2 Type II and HIPAA audits.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining compliance in AWS and cloud environments.
- Technical familiarity with network, database and application security.
- Thorough understanding of the latest regulatory requirements and associated security principles.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Service Now user experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the technical interpretation and practical application of an information security program specifically in governance, risk, and compliance.
- Extensive information security auditing and compliance experience.
- Experience authoring and management of information security policies and standards.
- Experience managing a security risk program including the collection and identification of security risks and associated risk treatment plans.
- Strong project management experience.
- Direct experience interpreting industry and regulatory security requirements and authoring supporting controls.
- Direct experience with regulatory frameworks- including ISO 27001 and SOC2.
- Experience working as/or with auditors through complex audits.
- Have a history of successful cross-organizational efforts.
- Ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly.
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions.
- Experience managing multiple external vendors across broad and complex work engagements.
- Experience driving the development of GRC program strategies, performance metrics, and articulating the business value and costs.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and independently to achieve results within the dynamic Outreach culture.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.
- SOX ITGC Controls
Please apply with a resume in English