Product Manager, Licensing and Billing
Seattle, WA /
Product – Product Management /
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Outreach is transforming how companies engage with their customers. As the Product Manager for Licensing and Billing, you will define and execute our strategy for platform solutions that every feature team at Outreach can plug in to from a user licensing and billing perspective. This team also drives the feedback loop to enable learning and insights into usage, adoption and accounting of features across the platform. We are looking for a seasoned PM to collaborate closely with our customers, Revenue Operations, Finance, and PDE teams in leading this team to conceptualize, design and deliver on this challenge.
Outreach is in a hyper-growth stage, and looking for product leaders who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, bring proven best practices that lead to quality outcomes, and are excited to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in a role with real impact.
In this role you can expect to:
- Define, maintain and prioritize our roadmap around our licensing and billing services backlog to serve our customers with their provisioning needs.
- Identify and manage both inbound and outbound dependencies across squads as we roll out licensing and billing support for multiple products and assets of Outreach to give our end customers a unified provisioning and billing experience
- Owned instrumentation, monitoring, analysis and reporting of our customers seat provisioning and billing.
- Conduct customer, market and competitive research with frequency to build and maintain our product strategy w.r.t. Licensing and Billing
- Key role in planning to identify opportunities to evolve our licensing and billing service in alignment to our broader company strategy and articulate these clearly to internal teams
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to identify areas of investment for the licensing and billing squad
- Work with Finance, IT, Security and other internal departments to ensure our services are built and designed for compliance with SOX.
- 2+ years of experience building great products, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, timelines and go-to-market
- Strong technical aptitude; deeply familiar with modern application development and hyper-focused on data
- Deeply analytical, high EQ, curious and process oriented. Skilled at rapidly assessing a product landscape and synthesizing highest priority opportunities
- Ability to define long-term business strategy, and drive impact on short-term product goals
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- Deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, and communication
- Ability to achieve clarity and drive focus in complex domains
- Strong analytical abilities and prior experience with building business cases, data analysis, and problem-solving
- Past experience with enterprise licensing, billing, PCI and SOX compliance is a huge plus.
- Built, managed and maintained a product line in a related GTM motion in B2B/SaaS application stack
- Past experience with authentication and enterprise security is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- Previous experience with enterprise customers and building enterprise scale solutions is preferred
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status