Market Development Representative
Seattle, WA /
Sales – Sales Development Representatives /
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
This Market Development Role (MDR) is an excellent opportunity for hardworking, coachable individuals without previous experience. We provide all training and we will expose you to future opportunities throughout our organization for career advancement. MDRs are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Inside Sales and Account Executive partners. This role executes the inbound campaigns generated by our Demand Generation machine. Due to the interest in Outreach, and our explosive growth as a company, the MDR has a high-volume, high activity role. As an MDR, you will become an expert in using Outreach in your day-to-day activities.
This role will be onsite and located in Seattle.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- As mentioned before, you will be using Outreach! Our platform was designed to make you successful and the interest in Outreach by prospects is driving the leads you will be working to convert to sales opportunities.
- Achieving and exceeding weekly/monthly metrics. Your primary accountability is to convert Marketing Qualified Leads to Sales Accepted Leads (SAL). A SAL is a pre-qualified lead with a desire to buy that attends an initial meeting with one of our sales representatives. You have a high degree of control of your own success.
- Place outbound calls and send emails to prospects that have indicated an interest in Outreach.
- Researching prospects and companies to personalize messages for top tier inbound leads.
- This is an individual contributor role that reports to a Sales Lead/Manager who values coaching & professional development. You will have the autonomy to drive your own success.
- Generating qualified pipeline for the company
- Providing clear and actionable feedback to Sales Development, Marketing, and Demand Generation management based on your frontline experience.
- Participate in team huddles to celebrate wins, share best practices and brainstorm solutions to challenges
- Field leads (MQLs) in through a variety of channels including email, outbound phone calls (100+ dials per day), social and chat
- Re-engaging leads that did not convert to sales/new customers
- Collaborate with a team to ensure coverage of team goals and support each other in success
- Earn a competitive base salary + bonuses for monthly quota achievement
Our Vision of You
- No experience necessary! We will provide you with detailed training and ongoing coaching. Bring your hardworking attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to apply what you have learned.
- Embody our core values: We are hungry craftspeople. We have grit. We are honest. We take ownership. We have each other’s back no matter what. We are one with our customers. We find strength in diversity and inclusion
- Have the ability to think on your feet
- Demonstrate the ability to perform in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Be resilient in the face of objections (for example, price)
- You are highly organized and able to quickly adapt to changes
- You're confident in the use of technology and software programs. Besides Outreach, we also work with services like Salesforce, LinkedIn, Zoominfo, Drift, and others
- Have the ability to capture insights and articulate those succinctly to management
- Enjoy working with a wide range of individuals across the organization. You are located in Seattle or plan to relocate
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, offered at $75,000 OTE. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations. #LI-EW1
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status