Senior Director of Security
Administration and Operations – Security and IT
Outreach Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Director of Information Security (InfoSec) to join our fast growing company. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the Sr. Director will be a key member of the IT and Security leadership team and will play a central role in developing Outreach’s world class information security program. Specifically, the new Senior Director will be responsible for taking key security programs to the next level to better protect Outreach and our customers. You will partner with the CISO, Director of IT and our Compliance Manager to drive strategic security initiatives.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Select, evaluate against and execute an appropriate security maturity model to use for our internal IT/Backoffice operations and our production systems
- Define and drive threat identification and response across the company
- Define and drive training programs, tailored to specific teams across the company
- Set clear direction and lead the transformation of Outreach towards progressive data management and information security.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of enterprise-wide initiatives that reduce information security risk.
- Reporting information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements (SOX, HIPAA, FERPA, CIPPA, EU Data Protection)
- Collaborating closely with product software development, IT, legal, audit, and compliance teams to achieve the organizations’ compliance with security and data privacy laws
- The cataloguing of data types, locations and access credentials across the organization’s platforms and products
- Communicating effectively with senior leadership and legal counsel about information security issues
- Tracking violations of privacy and security
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are operational for all externally hosted applications
- Proactively manage Outreach vendor resources to work through events / problems that occur within the Outreach computing environment in order to minimize end-user impact; appropriately draft and distribute communications to the IT team and affected end-users
- Author, own and communicate IT security policies for Outreach globally
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH certifications preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Information Security with at least 8 years of experience leading organizations.
- Strong technical understanding of Security in depth
- Experience implementing security in depth in SaaS / Deployed products
- Experience with contemporary security technologies
- Experience architecting and executing a secure enterprise landscape
- Experience with enabling and advising software development/product organizations in the creation of new platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Track record of success in communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in gaining the confidence of divisional senior executive audiences.
- Superior project management and prioritization skills ensuring the delivery of complex projects on-time, on-budget and on-scope.
- Person who is equally comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as he/she is with the business executives.
- Track record of innovation and repeatable experience transforming technology environments through the implementation of new and innovative technologies.
- Demonstrated experience leading cyber threat operations teams in the areas of emerging threat identification, incident response, and developing innovative mitigation strategies as well as demonstrated experience in the quantification and measurement of information security risks
- Business acumen, ability to partner and have conversations with customers
- Significant experience contributing to a senior management team - this assumes participation in strategic and business planning, product strategy, operations, sales, marketing, and overall business direction
- Authentic - Operates with integrity, transparency and humility
- Enterprise Minded - Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Outreach
- Outside-In Thinkers - Carries a broad global perspective of markets, technologies and trends
- Agile - Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
- People Focused - Actively creates the conditions for Outreach’ people and teams to succeed
- Able to operate successfully and be effective in a high change environment and comfortable dealing with a certain amount of ambiguity
- Able to appropriately delegate key responsibilities and transfer some of his/her own duties and decisions as the direct/indirect reports’ number and skill sets grow.
- Able to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and motivate team members; must have a positive, can-do attitude
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Unlimited PTO (and people actually use it!)
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen