Senior Radar Engineer
Golden, Colorado /
Engineering – Safety-Critical Software /
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Senior RADAR Engineer will report to the technical lead of the sensor integration team. This position requires subject matter expertise with RADAR, rapid software (and some hardware) prototyping skills, attention to detail, and ability to learn in unstructured environments.
Duties & responsibilities
- Evaluate and test RADAR in niche operational domains
- Design software systems using RADAR and other sensors to fulfill perception needs
- Design and implement novel perception algorithms consuming raw RADAR data to identify specific hazards in the yard environment
- Analyze sensor/perception failure modes and devise mitigations based on field data
- Contribute generally to the growth and success of the Company and the building of a vibrant culture focused on the responsible deployment of zero-emission autonomous vehicle technology
- Thorough understanding of RADAR signal processing and data products
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Experience reading/writing/debugging C/C++
- Familiarity with Linux development and target environments
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to read/write/debug Python
- Familiarity with modern C++ (C++14, C++17)
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) or other robotics middleware
- Familiarity with multi-view geometry and sensor fusion concepts
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $160,000 - 205,000.
- For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.