Principal Engineer, Machine Learning
Golden, Colorado /
Engineering – Autonomy - Perception /
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
We are looking for a Principal ML/Deep Learning Engineer that is able to steer and execute the technical strategy for our deep learning stack in our autonomous vehicle. You will work with a great engineering team that is highly motivated to make this a reality and a leadership that is laser focused on a product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise solutions and design neural networks for perception that run online on our autonomous vehicle
- Provide technical and theoretical guidance to the deep learning team
- Communicate and distill evaluations and results to the leadership
- Help to design/improve our key deep learning tools: data, evaluation, compute
- Lead cross functional efforts with respect to interfacing with the other autonomy consumers and upstream/downstream components
- Bachelor/Master in CS or equivalent
- Three years of engineering experience in deep learning oriented teams
- Mastering modern DL and python-related frameworks: Pytorch/Tensor Flow, Numpy, Scikit.
- Familiar with respect to DL state of the art, practices and recent research
- Able to design ML models from scratch: problem definition, data, model bring-up, debugging, evaluation and deployment
- Excellent communication skills for leadership and stakeholders
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $190,000 - $230,000+ (based on location and experience level)
- For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.