Senior Manager, Robotics/State Estimation
Golden, Colorado /
Engineering – Autonomy - Perception /
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
We are looking for roboticist/state estimation leads able to steer and execute the technical strategy for solving complex estimation problems for our autonomous vehicle task, including: calibration, localization, mapping, truck/trailer angle identification problems and many others.
You will work with a great engineering team that is highly motivated to make this a reality and a leadership that is laser focused on a product.
Come and join the team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help building a strong robotics/state-estimation team
- Provide technical and theoretical guidance to the team with respect to state-estimation/robotics
- Communicate and distill to the leadership/board progress and needs
- Design and improve evaluations and key tools for providing data-driven insights
- Interfacing with the other autonomy consumers and upstream/downstream components, including data, machine learning and compute
You will own the robotics/state-estimation modeling team, stack and strategy. You will have the opportunity to have huge impact on the autonomy stack:
- Skilled with modern C++/python
- Familiar with respect to state of the art, practices and recent research
- Able to iterate on complex models: problem definition, data, bring-up, debugging, evaluation and deployment
- Excellent communication and proactivity: let's get things done!
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $200,000 - $235,000+.
- For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.