First Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests (make it fun!) and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're growing fast: over 70,000 learners have enrolled in classes, and we're doubling our team this year. We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now we have a successful, fast-growing business and recently announced $8.5M Series A funding.
We’re looking for a first product manager to build our product function from the ground up and lead it through growth. We need your help to define and execute a product roadmap that takes us from early product-market fit to mainstream adoption. This first product role requires a unique blend of leadership and individual execution. You may be a senior leader looking to get hands-on again at an earlier stage company. Or you may be an early-stage specialist looking for an inspiring mission where you can have more impact.
- Work closely with the founders to lead and execute product at Outschool.
- Define the product function creating a minimum viable "product operating system" for the company.
- Proactively define and drive product objectives, requirements and constraints to improve the customer experience and drive towards company goals.
- Develop processes and initiatives to respond to new insights coming from analytics, user research and customer feedback.
- Own product execution, working closely with engineering and design to ensure fast, high-quality implementation and iteration.
- Own and report product KPIs and leading indicators.
- Inspire and enlist the whole company. Bring others in to better explore problems and solution ideas.
- Continuously improve your own and the company’s understanding of product by sharing knowledge and training. Mentor team members who want to explore and contribute to product.
- 5+ years’ product management experience at 2 or more companies.
- Track record of delivering major product initiatives at consumer web companies, working with senior engineers and designers.
- Experience across the full product lifecycle from ideation, planning and exploration through implementation, release and iteration.
- Experience defining product processes and leading product teams in a high-growth startup environment. You have led or coached other product managers.
- Business acumen to define a product strategy that balances business and user experience goals.
- Resourceful and creative with ability to come up with novel solutions. Brings out creativity in others.
- Great interpersonal skills that allow you to shine when you’re talking with a customer or leading a cross-functional meeting.
- Strong quantitative skills that let you define and analyze experiments and answer your own questions using SQL.
- Domain experience with marketplace products and / or K-12 education.
Please apply below or reach out to email@example.com
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience. Currently, our team is 47% female and 27% born outside the US.