Operations Manager, Supply
Customer Experience /
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. Our business is growing explosively and as of July, 400,000 learners have taken more than over 1.3M class hours. We've already doubled our team so far this year to keep up with growth. As well as growing our business, we're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer $1M in financial assistance to families in need. We're Series A stage, have raised $22M in funding and are profitable.
We're looking for a hands-on leader to manage our teacher and class approval processes. You will manage the team doing this work, the process and make a major contribution to creating an education marketplace with superb teachers and classes. This work includes: building and managing a small internal team, overseeing our relationships with outsourcers, managing every aspect of these processes, driving step-change improvements, closely managing day-to-day operations, and ensuring your team stays in sync with Outschool's goal for delivering an incredible learning experience. The right candidate is a great collaborator, has demonstrated success in similar roles, and is passionate about Outschool's mission.
- Manage our supply operations including teacher approvals, class approvals, and other supply operations as assigned
- Build and manage a team of internal employees and external contractors
- Drive product changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Drive analytics to support decision making
- Build and manage workflows with input from the class quality team
- 2+ years in a role scaling content or user operations or 2+ years in top-tier management consulting combined with operational experience
- Process-oriented - You know how to create, optimize and re-imagine processes. You create processes that are great for customers, the business and easy for customer service operations.
- Analytical - You like doing the math to optimize SLAs, assess the trade-offs between different process flows and you can communicate your findings in a solutions-oriented way.
- You have a reputation for making the trains run on time, making your passengers happy, and for a dedication to continuous improvement.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.