Senior Product Designer
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. Our business is growing explosively and as of July, 400,000 learners have taken more than over 1.3M class hours. We've already doubled our team so far this year to keep up with growth. As well as growing our business, we're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer $1M in financial assistance to families in need. We're Series A stage, have raised $22M in funding and are profitable.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our small but growing design team. You will be involved in every step of design, including research, ideation, mapping user flows, creating mockups and designing high-fidelity UIs. You’ll bring your voice and ideas to our fledgling design team and shape the future of design at Outschool.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead design initiatives end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create a joyful and inspiring user experience through long-term vision projects and short-term tactical projects
- Partner with product managers, user researchers, marketers, and engineers to deliver user impact and business results
- Bring clarity to complex problems using a variety of design and research methods in collaboration with cross-functional counterparts
- Raise the bar on our existing design system, process, and culture
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Is a T-shaped designer with experience in visual/UI/UX/prototyping/research and excelling in one particular specialty
- Has 3+ years of product design experience
- Has a portfolio that showcases exceptional visual designs that solve complex real-world problems
- Can manage multiple projects and balance attention-to-detail with a pragmatic eye toward timely execution
- Can clearly communicate decisions and uses feedback to drive understanding and inspire action
- Strives to make data-informed decisions but is also capable of making well thought out decisions with imperfect information and limited resources
- Has experience designing responsive web products
- Optionally has domain experience with marketplace products and / or K-12 education
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
- We see both financial growth and equitable impact as uncompromisable goals, so you don’t have to choose between doing something mission-driven and saving for your future
- Family-friendly work-life balance and health benefits.
- Everyone cares deeply about the mission: we hold company-wide class viewings weekly to better understand our users and discuss how we can improve
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.