Director of Marketplace Supply
Customer Experience /
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. Our business is growing explosively and as of July, 400,000 learners have taken more than over 1.3M class hours. We've already doubled our team so far this year to keep up with growth. As well as growing our business, we're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer $1M in financial assistance to families in need. We're Series A stage, have raised $22M in funding and are profitable.
The Director of Supply will ensure that we offer high quality classes to meet and to drive demand. This cross-functional role will oversee the full lifecycle of supply at Outschool, and will directly manage some of our unique supply functions while collaborating with other teams. This role will oversee an integrated approach to acquiring, onboarding, and retaining teachers, while ensuring that they offer high quality classes.
What you'll do
- Drive the quantity and quality of teacher and classes available on Outschool
- Own our standards and policies for teacher and class quality
- Own our process for onboarding and training teachers and seller organizations
- Manage teacher success and account management
- Drive our processes to monitor class quality, and to coach, remediate, and remove teachers as necessary
- Drive analytics to support decision making
- Collaborate with the product team on changes
- Collaborate with the marketing team on supply campaigns
- Lead and continue building our supply team
- Adopt and amplify our culture
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion
Why you'll succeed
- You have experience in K-12 education, supply-side management in marketplaces, or both
- You have 5+ years experience building and leading teams
- You’re a senior leader with a track record of success at fast-growing companies
- You’re process-oriented, analytical, and a great communicator
- You’re capable of taking on difficult and nuanced policy questions, and making and communicating well-reasoned decisions
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.