San Francisco, CA /
Operations – People Ops /
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We're also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child's boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We've also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
At Outschool, our Executive Assistants are thought-partners with their Executive team. You will work closely and strategically with your Executives and their teams by solving problems, crafting communications, and managing relationships. In this role, you will join the People Operations team, reporting to the People Operations Lead, and a company of lifelong learners dedicated to our mission to inspire kids to love learning. We are looking for an EA who is similarly passionate about education, growing, and sharing along with our team.
*Due to the responsibilities associated with this role, this person will need to be located in the San Francisco Bay area and able to commute into San Francisco weekly.
- Support the CEO, Head of Schools & Distribution, and Head of Product in calendaring, meeting planning, creating presentations, and other logistics
- Implement strategies to help Executives work more efficiently, including identifying new tools to use
- Manage email communications for Executives, including sales outreach emails as needed, and prioritizing and sending correspondence on Executives’ behalf when appropriate
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail through weekly trips to Outschool’s PO box and the UPS store, located in San Francisco
- Manage special projects by keeping Executives informed of deadlines and project updates
- Assist with budget management
- Edit and proofread communications before they are sent out
- Conduct research
- Provide support to the Operations team as needed, including help with special projects, events, off-sites, and travel
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Three (3) years of previous EA or administrative/internal ops roles, preferably at high-growth companies
- Experience providing support to Executive Level Leadership
- Ability to commute to San Francisco on a weekly basis to manage incoming and outgoing mail as well as ad hoc requests
- Ability to maintain absolute integrity, and complete discretion
- Possession of strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt well to rapidly changing priorities; must be a proactive self-starter and strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to work freely with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, accuracy, and very strong follow through tendencies
- Experience in K-12 education is a plus
- Experience in sales is a plus
- Familiarity with the following: Google Apps, Slack, Dropbox, HelloSign, Intercom, Trello
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.