San Francisco, CA
Outschool is the marketplace of live online classes for kids. We use video-chat to connect teachers with learners in small-groups to explore their interests - everything from Minecraft, Pokemon and Taylor Swift through to Algebra and US History. Our vision is to be every kid's second school.
Outschool is growing fast: over 20,000 families have enrolled in classes, and we're expanding our team from 11 to 24 this year. Now we're looking for a hands-on analytics lead to help us use data effectively to drive growth and product decisions. As our first analytics hire, and with your experience and drive, you will have the opportunity to shape this function from the ground up.
- Build our capability to effectively use data for insight and decision-making
- Support data-driven decision-making across the company
- Proactive analysis in support of product and growth priorities
- Develop and maintain KPI and feature-level dashboards
- Help define goals for and track the impact of new projects
- Help plan and analyze A/B tests
- Ensure accuracy of queries developed by the team
- Evaluate and implement data tools, define requirements for data infrastructure
- 4+ years experience with consumer analytics or business operations in high-growth companies
- Expert with SQL
- Experience analyzing: CAC, LTV, channel attribution, funnel conversion, cohort retention, virality
- Used or evaluated some of: Metabase, Looker, Tableau, Chartio or similar
- Understand selection bias and other ways data can be misinterpreted
- Experience in K-12 education, e-commerce or marketplace companies is a plus
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience. Currently, our team is 45% female and 27% born outside the US.
We inspire learners, empower teachers, and delight parents. Join us!