Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're growing fast: over 30,000 families have enrolled in classes, and we're doubling our team this year. We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Udemy, Amazon, Airbnb, Square, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now we have a successful, fast-growing business and recently announced $8.5M Series A funding.
We are an effective team of senior engineers, getting a lot done by staying focused on the work that matters. We're iteratively building up a complex product for a highly engaged audience. Upcoming projects include recommendations, measuring teacher quality and learner engagement, learner profiles, integrated messaging, assignments, learning paths, growth experiments, better search, and more.
Here are some reasons to join us
- Novel vision to transform kids' education through live video chat
- Experienced team from Airbnb, Square, Amazon, Google, Udemy and Clever
- Traction ahead of team size means there's lots to be done in every direction
- Consumer product with fast iteration cycles means you can have a big impact in a short time
- Our business works: in the last year, we sold millions of dollars of classes and grew 5x
- Recently raised a Series A co-led by top education and marketplace investors
We look for candidates who
- Have been programming professionally and challenging themselves for at least 3 years
- Communicate clearly
- Balance big-picture perspective with attention to detail
- Take responsibility for their work
- Care about learning and education
- Have something to teach us
Please apply below or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience. Currently, our team is 47% female and 27% born outside the US.