Senior Software Engineer
Technology – Engineering
Senior Software Engineer
Ovation.io provides a cloud-based Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for molecular diagnostic laboratories. Beyond standard sample and workflow tracking, Ovation addresses challenges in critical areas of Relationship Support, Laboratory Operations, Business Analytics, Sales Support, and Revenue Management. Featuring a modern SaaS infrastructure and seamless integration with best-in-class partners Ovation provides labs with a premium out-of-the-box experience that scales to individual needs.
We are growing rapidly and expanding our teams in Indianapolis, IN, Portland, ME, and Cambridge, MA. With our rapid growth, and the complex nature of our product, we are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop custom features/solutions and improve the overall performance of our flagship platform. A Full stack engineer with 6 to 10 years of experience is preferred. The ability to describe a problem space and clearly articulate a solution would be the keys to success for this role. A self-guided engineer capable of being given tasks without excessive detail, and being able to figure out what to do and then do it would be a great addition to our team.
Technical Requirements (We would require intermediate to expert knowledge of the following):
- Middle tier web framework (RAILS, Django)
- Relational databases, SQL and schema design (Mysql, Postgres)
- Understanding of web architecture (Single Page Apps, REST APIs, OAuth)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
Leadership Requirements (At this level we are also looking for the soft skills to impact across the organization):
- Can focus on complex systems that serve major parts of the product.
- Can design whole software subsystems with some oversight, keeping in mind the quality of service and other operational considerations.
- Can serve as a lead for the development of a system or application.
- Can provide design reviews for other engineers both junior and senior on architecture and design issues.
- Can embody and drive our code engineering standards and principles.
- Can make difficult design tradeoff decisions and can defend them to engineering management, business partners, and customers.
- Comfortable writing for and presenting to peers.
- Responsible for training more junior engineers.
- Provide technical solutions to the engineering team as well as the Customer Success team to drive the success of the Ovation platform.
- Perform end-to-end development of high quality web applications.
- Develop and test solutions to install and test new versions of products.
- Summarize, communicate and escalate user experiences.
- Document development phases and monitor internal system.
- Add enhancements to improve the usability of the product.
Ovation is excited to be building the next-generation of cloud-based clinical informatics tools for the genomic and molecular testing industry! We're a small and growing team that values quality, transparency, and professional development. We work in a unique environment that strives for perfection, where experiments are encouraged, failure expected, but always in an open and supportive environment.
Ovation are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.