Sr. Business Development Executive
Field Based /
Revenue – Sales /
Ovation.io is a clinical informatics company providing operations software and data tools for the advancement of precision medicine. Compelled by the philosophy that data drives action, Ovation is creating products that make it easier for labs to bring innovative tests to the patients that need them. Since its founding in March of 2017, Ovation has grown to develop and support world-class SaaS products used by clinical and translational labs around the globe. Along the way, Ovation’s team has developed an unparalleled level of competency in this space with particular expertise in the fields of molecular diagnostics and clinical data utilization.
We are looking for a qualified Senior Business Development Executive to join our Sales team. You will coach Business Development Executives to ensure customer needs are met. You will also be responsible for creating new business by identifying profitable opportunities. If you’re customer and team oriented with a ‘can do’ attitude, this position is for you. Our ideal candidate has a drive for mentoring others, achieving goals, and maintaining a great customer experience. We also expect you to suggest forward-thinking ideas to promote our brand. Ultimately, you should be able to increase sales and build successful long-term client relationships. This position reports to the VP of Sales.
- Set sales targets and specific performance metrics, aligned with business strategies
- Coach and support Business Development Executives to ensure client satisfaction
- Communicate with clients at a senior level to resolve issues and inquiriesGenerate innovative ideas to support customers and boost brand awareness
- Use client feedback to improve customer experienceReport on sales results on a regular basis and suggest improvementsIdentify and approach potential clients
- Ensure brand consistencyStay up-to-date with product launches and provide support to clients and the sales team
- Organize meetings with the sales team to ensure all members are on board and deliver within deadlines
- Communicate routinely with Sales Management to report on client culture, issues, external drivers and internal needs
- Proven work experience as a Senior Business Development Executive or relevant position.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software, MS Office (particularly MS Excel), and Mac
- Familiarity with sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service attitudeTeam management skills