Customer Support Manager
Operations – Customer Support
Ovation.io provides a cloud-based Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for molecular diagnostic laboratories. Beyond standard sample and workflow tracking, Ovation addresses challenges in critical areas of Relationship Support, Laboratory Operations, Business Analytics, Sales Support, and Revenue Management. Featuring a modern SaaS infrastructure and seamless integration with best-in-class partners Ovation provides labs with a premium out-of-the-box experience that scales to individual needs.
We are growing rapidly and expanding our Customer Support teams in Indianapolis, IN and Cambridge, MA. As a Customer Support Manager at Ovation, you'll be responsible for providing effective customer support though expert knowledge of out products and services. You'll interact directly with customers to provide a range of support via phone, email, and live chat. At the “face” of Ovation this is a highly-visible role and one that's at the heart of our success.
As a Customer Support Manager at Ovation, you will:
- Manage and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously
- Provide the appropriate information to customers, such as for order status and product knowledge requests
- Work with leadership to create customer support processes and best practices
- Lead a small team of dedicated support professionals
- Have a positive attitude and provide a high level of customer service
- Have the ability to learn quickly and move on from both success and failures
- Provide timely feedback to your management regarding challenges or customer concerns
- Listen, document, and help resolve conflicts with customers
- Document the patterns and queries that may indicate a larger problem with the product or service that needs to be resolved
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of previous customer support experience in a SaaS or modern B2B software company
- 1 + years of previous customer support experience leading a team
- A strong aptitude for computers and working with modern software - CRM, ticket systems, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to deal with complex customers while providing a high level of service
- Problem-solving skills, and the ability to think under pressure
- Commitment to continual education about the company, products and services
- Bonus points: Degree-level education, background in any kind of biotech, previous laboratory or LIMS experience, previous experience with live chat systems such as Intercom
Ovation is excited to be building the next-generation of cloud-based clinical informatics tools for the genomic and molecular testing industry! We're a small and growing team that values quality, transparency, and professional development. We work in a unique environment that strives for perfection, where experiments are encouraged, failure is expected, but always in an open and supportive environment.
Ovation are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.