Portland, Maine /
Revenue – Marketing /
Ovation.io is a clinical informatics company providing operations software and data tools for the advancement of precision medicine. Compelled by the philosophy that data drives action, Ovation is creating products that make it easier for labs to bring innovative tests to the patients that need them. Since its founding in March of 2017, Ovation has grown to develop and support world-class SaaS products used by clinical and translational labs around the globe. Along the way, Ovation’s team has developed an unparalleled level of competency in this space with particular expertise in the fields of molecular diagnostics and clinical data utilization.
Ovation.io is seeking a Director of Marketing. This position will drive success within our marketing department. As the Director of Marketing you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
As the Marketing Director, you will:
- Lead the development of our marketing plans working closely with sales team, product team, and management to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on growing awareness for our products and services
- Develop and execute measurable demand generation programs that drive revenue through sales
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of marketing activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations
- Researches, conceptualizes, creates and implements marketing and public relations programs that promote all products and services and favorably project the Company’s image and goals
- Communicate brand strategy and guidelines internally and with third parties when needed
- Serve as the marketing operational leader; evolve and support the growth of individual team members, ensure team progression towards overall business goals.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree; Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration or equivalent field.
- 5-7 years of Marketing or Communications experience required
- Experience working in life sciences and preferred experience working for a SaaS company with proven success in these markets
- Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast paced environment; including counterparts across the organization.
- Strategic thinker who excels at generating and executing original ideas and opportunities
- Track record of successful experience working with complex and diverse organizations and working in a fast-paced environment of development and change is essential.
- Strong project management skills, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player, willing to “roll up their sleeves” in order to execute on initiatives, and a proven track record of getting projects across the finish line.
- Desire to grow within the organization as the company evolves
Ovation is excited to be building the next-generation of cloud-based clinical informatics tools for the genomic and molecular testing industry! We're a small and growing team that values quality, transparency, and professional development. We work in a unique environment that strives for perfection, where experiments are encouraged, failure expected, but always in an open and supportive environment.
Ovation are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.