Technology – Product
User Experience Lead
Ovation.io provides a cloud-based Laboratory Information System (LIMS/LIS) for molecular diagnostic laboratories. Beyond standard sample and workflow tracking, Ovation addresses challenges in critical areas of Relationship Support, Laboratory Operations, Business Analytics, Sales Support, and Revenue Management. Featuring a modern SaaS infrastructure and seamless integration with best-in-class partners Ovation provides labs with a premium out-of-the-box experience that scales to individual needs.
We are growing rapidly and expanding our User Experience team in Portland, ME. As a User Experience Lead at Ovation your work is paramount to our success. One of our core advantages in the marketplace is our focus on human-centered design. We care deeply about the people that use our software being successful in their objectives. As part of our UX team, you'll make critical contributions to understanding our customers and their objectives and to driving design that empowers our customers.
As a User Experience Lead at Ovation you will:
- Understand customer objectives by communicating with customers and analyzing health metrics
- Spend time with customers in the lab to understand their real-world experience
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to design effective user experiences that achieve customer objectives and promote customer joy
- Support and/or participate in development of those experiences in partnership with our developers
- Measure customer engagement and usage with Ovation and provide feedback for product and service improvements
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of User Experience or User Interface Design in a SaaS or modern B2B software company
- Experience working with, and managing, stakeholders and customers
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, and using modern front-end libraries/frameworks is a plus
- Bonus points: Degree-level education, background in any kind of biotech, previous laboratory or LIMS/LIS experience
Ovation is excited to be building the next-generation of cloud-based clinical informatics tools for the genomic and molecular testing industry! We're a small and growing team that values quality, transparency, and professional development. We work in a unique environment that strives for perfection, where experiments are encouraged, failure expected, but always in an open and supportive environment.
Ovation are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.