Research Study Program Manager
Cambridge, Massachusetts /
Data Services – Research /
Who We Are
Compelled by the philosophy that data drives action, Ovation is creating products that make it easier for labs to bring innovative tests to the patients that need them, while connecting researchers with data that can accelerate development of life-changing medicines. Since its founding in March of 2017, Ovation has grown to develop and support world-class SaaS products used by clinical and translational labs around the globe.
Who You Are
- Strong communicator and collaborator who ensures alignment between clients and partners.
- Problem solver who is skilled in assessing complex issues, breaking them into components, and proposing viable solutions.
- Detail-oriented, curious thinker who craves understanding how everything works.
- A person who is capable of having a deep appreciation of the situation of patients and Ovation’s potential role in the patient healthcare marketplace from big data and from clinical lab operations.
What You Will Do
- Review requests from Data Services clients and design research studies by providing detailed lab protocols, appropriate controls, number of samples at each step to ensure adequate data coverage, and documentation sufficient for data to be submitted to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Choose, distribute, train, certify and harmonize labs to perform the research study.
- Manage research testing for quality and timely reporting of data.
- Oversee, collect and generate documentation for research study as required and requested by Data Services clients.
- Collaborate with Technical Specialists, Data Product Director, Data Sales and Customer Success team members to ensure smooth execution of research studies and related projects.
- Supervise the procurement of leftover clinical specimens for biobanking in Ovation’s Biorepository and ensure sufficient numbers and types of samples for research testing.
- Responsible for providing high quality data to fulfill Ovation’s Data Services Client immediate and future needs.
What You Bring
- Successful management of human research studies performed in clinical laboratories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Science or a related field a must. Graduate degree a plus.
- Proficient project management experience to monitor multiple study activities and progress.
- Ability to correct or change course when needed to ensure successful outcomes.
- Solid understanding of chain of custody of samples, data integrity and interpretation.
- Experience in electronic information systems in diagnostic and research testing.
- Experience with sample testing workflows from sample procurement to data delivery with critical quality requirements at each step.
- Ability to foster effective relationships with labs in the ORN and data services clients.
- Well versed in the value of a unique sample and the power of good data.
- Good understanding of the power and limitations of testing systems, limitation of instrumentation and methods of obtaining genetic data.
Join us! Ovation is excited to be building the next-generation of cloud-based operations software and data tools for diagnostics and discovery. We are a small but rapidly growing team that values transparency, quality, integrity, aptitude, and grit. We work in an open and supportive environment that encourages experiments, strives for perfection, and allows failures as part of the learning process in a fast paced, innovation-driven company.
We have offices in Seattle, WA; Cambridge, MA; Portland, ME; and Indianapolis, IN. The role can be based in any of these offices or Remotely.
Ovation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A satisfactory background check is required by Ovation and will be subject to state or local regulations, including but not limited to your driving records, credit records, criminal records, education records, personal references, previous and current employers.