Product Manager - Fintech/Fixed Income
Overbond is a developer of artificial intelligence (AI)-driven real-time data streams for bond trading automation. Overbond offers the most advanced bond trading data streams and execution management system (EMS) in the market. The Overbond data streams and analytics can be integrated into the systems and workflow of any and every fixed income trading desk in the world.
Overbond helps fixed income trading desks overcome the lack of a complete and centralized pricing and transaction data source for the bond markets, execute more client trades, increase the profitably of the trades that are executed, conduct pre-trade and post-trade analyses, monitor prices and risk and prepare reports.
The company serves trading desks in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Overbond is headquartered in Toronto and operates a lab in Montreal that engages academics and post-graduate researchers to conduct advanced research and development in quantitative finance and AI modelling.
This exciting role is available as part of the Overbond team expansion. The position is a unique opportunity to support the company’s vision in developing and delivering projects on several strategic initiatives by impacting tactical decision-making across all functional areas. Key responsibilities will be helping to establish the direction, coordination, implementation and tracking/reporting of multiple key projects delivery, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. The ideal candidate combines outstanding project management acumen, process development and communication skills. You will use internal and external resources to plan and create project plans to make recommendations and help drive business decisions. You will collaborate and influence senior leadership and a variety of other stakeholders and will have a passion for analytics and process development. You will collaborate with our Product, Technology, Marketing, and Sales teams to ensure that our customers are successful and enthusiastically using our AI analytics stemming from R&D Labs while identifying opportunities or pain points along the way. This is a fantastic opportunity to take initiative and produce tangible results!
What You’ll Do
- Manager product design priorities
- Drive definition of strategy and success metrics for our AI products and be accountable for the full product lifecycle
- Monitor for competitive market needs and changes as they pertain to product feature improvements
- Define and manage Jira instances and engineering group priorities
- Design and guide development of frontend specifications (using UI/UX best practices)
- Lead data integration and data assembly relationships with external vendors
- Define and mange R&D Lab priorities
- Bridge the communication channel and understanding between engineering, data science and sales and marketing groups
- Help communicate product descriptions, features importance and other marketing related communications
- Develop and maintain product roadmap and strategy
- Documenting clear functional specifications (including SLAs) for each phase of product development
What You'll Need
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Finance, Engineering, Data Science or Business Administration
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Product management role
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A willingness to help and share knowledge with other team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate the logic, reason, and priority of each project/ product development
- Familiarity with AI Analytics, Big Data and Capital Markets
- Naturally curious with a strong determination to work around obstacles and attention to detail
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
- Familiarity with Overbond product suite: Bond Trading Automation, Liquidity Scoring, Bond real-time pricing, Fixed Income ETF basket pricing, Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA), Margin Optimization and Issuance Propensity models
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on a real product with very demanding paying enterprise clients
- Learning and self-development opportunities through online courses and knowledge sharing lecture sessions.
- Extended health coverage (Dental, Vision, Drug plan and other medical services)
- Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- Health & Wellness program
- Monthly team lunches and social events (hosted virtually in light of Covid restrictions)
Successful candidate(s) will have a truly exciting opportunity to be part of the industry leading fintech company changing the way how global investment banks, institutional investors, corporations and governments access capital markets. The candidate will work with top notch industry professionals and will be given ample amount of opportunities to learn and grow.
Overbond is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Overbond will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities.