Sales Director - Fixed Income AI Analytics
Sales & Marketing /
Overbond is a developer of artificial intelligence (AI)-driven real-time data streams for bond trading automation. Overbond offers the most advanced bond trading data streams and execution management system (EMS) in the market. The Overbond data streams and analytics can be integrated into the systems and workflow of any and every fixed income trading desk in the world.
Overbond helps fixed income trading desks overcome the lack of a complete and centralized pricing and transaction data source for the bond markets, execute more client trades, increase the profitably of the trades that are executed, conduct pre-trade and post-trade analyses, monitor prices and risk and prepare reports.
The company serves trading desks in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Overbond is headquartered in Toronto and operates a lab in Montreal that engages academics and post-graduate researchers to conduct advanced research and development in quantitative finance and AI modelling.
As part of the Overbond Marketing & Sales team expansion, this is a new role primarily focusing on sell-side dealer financial institutions with bond trading operations. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in financial markets, generating new business and “hunter” style sales experience and the ability to manage complex relationships. Candidate must have a proven track record and have the ability to sell Fixed Income analytics products such as bond pricing, reporting on borrowing program cost of capital, peer group benchmarking, reporting on secondary market liquidity. The candidate will employ specialized knowledge of the market and the products and services to review opportunities with clients, continually foster relationships, distribute research, coordinate the marketing of the Overbond products, and build brand awareness of the Overbond AI modeling capabilities.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute sales plan and strategies
- Strategize with client base to identify new initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Utilize strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to drive new business and support other client engagements
- Able to engage in cold calling, prospecting new clients through cold-emailing strategies
- Working with product/sales groups in execution of contracts
- Assist CEO on all pre-sales activities including but not limited to client prospecting, booking meetings, following up on emails, writing invoices and updating contractual sales terms pre and post sale
- Maintain relationships with key industry associations & stakeholders
- Manage internal communication and reporting
What You'll Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, or other relevant field
- 2 - 3 experience of engaging Fixed Income products in a sales function with good knowledge of financial markets
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Sales drive, A-class selling skills, strong will to succeed, hunger for winning good deals. ‘Hunter’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal required for complex commercial and business discussions
- Must be able to manage senior level meetings
- Ability to manage complex relationships towards the main objective of increasing revenue streams year-on-year in line with the account plan
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving and expanding product sales environment and creatively market our product to a vast demographic of potential clients.
- A self-starter and dedicated collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with Overbond product suite: Bond Trading Automation, Liquidity Scoring, Bond real-time pricing, Fixed Income ETF basket pricing, Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA), Margin Optimization and Issuance Propensity models
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on a real product with very demanding paying enterprise clients
- Learning and self-development opportunities through online courses and knowledge sharing lecture sessions.
- Extended health coverage (Dental, Vision, Drug plan and other medical services)
- Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- Health & Wellness program
- Monthly team lunches and social events (hosted virtually in light of Covid restrictions)
Successful candidate(s) will have a truly exciting opportunity to be part of the industry leading financial technology company changing the way how global investment banks, institutional investors, corporations and governments access the capital markets. The candidate will work with top notch industry professionals and will be given ample amount of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Overbond is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Overbond will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities.