Head of Engineering
Software Engineering /
Overjet is a fast-growing VC-backed startup building the future of AI-powered dentistry. We are solving the most challenging and promising problems in dentistry to improve care for millions of patients. We are looking for an experienced hands-on individual as the Head of Engineering to lead Overjet’s Engineering team.
In this role, you will report directly to our CEO and will be essential in growing and managing the engineering team, responsible for assessing the time it will take to deliver features (or products), and delivering quality releases on that schedule. You will work closely with business, clinical, regulatory and product management leaders to deliver the technology platform that helps payers and providers to improve dental care.
- Lead software and machine learning engineering teams to deliver fast and effectively
- Define the vision of success for the engineering organization to achieve Overjet’s strategic and business goals
- Focus on growing the engineering team and cultivating the people and culture to build an exceptional engineering organization.
- Partner with product leadership to determine strategic deadlines and develop team-wide processes to achieve them
- Partner with the CTO to influence and operationalize Overjet’s technology vision
- Develop and instill engineering best practices and quality systems in service to high availability software deployments and releases delivered on time
- Demonstrated experience growing high-performance software product development teams
- Demonstrated experience bringing software products to market
- Ability to identify and attract top engineering talent at both the individual contributor and leadership levels
- Demonstrated expertise with designing and implementing scalable architectures, database implementations, and obsession with secure architecture
- Deep knowledge of Java/spring, Mean stack, Python, modern cloud architecture, and tooling such as git, jira, terraform
- Prior early stage company experience
- Ability to work backwards from SLAs, create project engineering goals and instrument for operational excellence
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Excellent leadership, people management, project management, and communication skills.