Front End Web Developer
Palo Alto, CA
- Expand and Maintain current (new) WordPress websites
- Own front end features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Work and customize WordPress plugins
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with project managers and designers in the process of creating design mockups
- Understanding of SEO current best standards and schema mockup.
- Write high-quality code
What we’re looking for:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
Experience and skills:
- Wordpress Development: 2+ Years
- Experience on using Bitbucket or Github
- Strong knowledge in HTML 4/5, CSS and PHP
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Strong Knowledge and experience with responsive design and development
- Front-end and minimal back-end development experience
- Strong sense of design quality and understanding of visual and UI/UX disciplines and principles
- Basic Photoshop knowledge
- Working knowledge of Shopify is nice to have
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays
- Catered Lunch
- A bright and spacious office, conveniently located in Palo Alto
At owlcam, we love cars and the people that are in them. owlcam uses video and data to make our roads safer for everyone. owlcam builds services and cameras that empower people, business’ and insurers to deal with events like crashes and break-ins better, faster and fairer. owlcam is committed to improving peoples lives with thoughtful respectful use of new AI technologies.
owlcam is a series A start up, based in Palo Alto CA, sales launched in March 2018. In owlcam’s first year sales were bigger than Nest, Ring or Dropcam first year. In 2019 owlcam will continue to grow with the addition of new features, major retailers and expansion into B2B2B enterprise fleet sales.
owlcam is lead by Andy Hodge (founding leader on Apple iPod and iPhone, Microsoft Hololens and was VP at Dropcam). Our 50+ person team is located in Palo Alto, CA. The team has experience from previously creating successful products with over $100B in sales, at places like Apple, Dropcam, Fitbit, and Microsoft.
owlcam’s hiring process is committed to offering equal opportunity to everyone who applies; we hope you do!