RF Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
Palo Alto, CA
- Drive wireless cellular connectivity from concept to product release
- Gather modem, industry, regulatory, and carrier requirements for concept review
- Manage system design, validation, pre-testing, certification, and field testing
- Create and execute detailed requirements/test plans for antenna passive and radiated performance
- Optimize RF performance with RF and SW engineers
- Work with certification labs to draft the regulatory/carrier test requirements, drive testing, and achieve final certification
- Research product features and new technology pertaining to wireless connectivity
- Explore international expansion and prioritize additional certification
- Manage certification schedule and costs with PM, Engineering, and Operations
- Create regulatory test processes to maintain hardware compliance (FCC)
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working with Asia-based manufacturing partners
- Strong analytical skills including statistical analysis.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills.
Experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar technical discipline.
- 2+ years of certification experience with consumer electronics.
- Experience with regulatory requirements for LTE consumer devices, including PCTRB, GCF, SFN, Carrier lab & field testing, Carrier Stock certification.
- Experience with regulatory requirements for wireless consumer devices, including FCC, IC, CE, WiFi Alliance, BT Sig, Fit 4 Launch.
- Experience with antenna design/testing, anechoic chambers, and RF test equipment.
- Experience with fast-paced development environments.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays
- Catered Lunch
- A bright and spacious office, conveniently located in Palo Alto
At owlcam, we love cars and the people that are in them. owlcam uses video and data to make our roads safer for everyone. owlcam builds services and cameras that empower people, business’ and insurers to deal with events like crashes and break-ins better, faster and fairer. owlcam is committed to improving peoples lives with thoughtful respectful use of new AI technologies.
owlcam is a series A start up, based in Palo Alto CA, sales launched in March 2018. In owlcam’s first year sales were bigger than Nest, Ring or Dropcam first year. In 2019 owlcam will continue to grow with the addition of new features, major retailers and expansion into B2B2B enterprise fleet sales.
owlcam is lead by Andy Hodge (founding leader on Apple iPod and iPhone, Microsoft Hololens and was VP at Dropcam). Our 50+ person team is located in Palo Alto, CA. The team has experience from previously creating successful products with over $100B in sales, at places like Apple, Dropcam, Fitbit, and Microsoft.
owlcam’s hiring process is committed to offering equal opportunity to everyone who applies; we hope you do!