Embedded Engineer - Android/Linux
Palo Alto, CA
- Architect and implement killer code
- Drive progress through rapid and incremental prototyping
- Develop and implement new algorithms to solve difficult tasks in a mobile environment
- Collaborate effectively, solve problems fast, and make awesome and high quality products
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is self motivated and driven
Experience and skills:
- Veteran-level experience with fundamentals of CS in C/C++, Java, JNI
- 5+ years experience working on Linux embedded systems, such as Android
- Experience in Android full-stack development
- Must have solid programming skills and strong experience in developing embedded applications and complex algorithms
- Expertise in mobile security and/or encryption a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant technical field experience required
- Experience with Camera2 Android API a plus
- Audio Video experience is a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays
- Catered Lunch
- A bright and spacious office, conveniently located in Palo Alto
At owlcam, we love cars and the people that are in them. owlcam uses video and data to make our roads safer for everyone. owlcam builds services and cameras that empower people, business’ and insurers to deal with events like crashes and break-ins better, faster and fairer. owlcam is committed to improving peoples lives with thoughtful respectful use of new AI technologies.
owlcam is a series A start up, based in Palo Alto CA, sales launched in March 2018. In owlcam’s first year sales were bigger than Nest, Ring or Dropcam first year. In 2019 owlcam will continue to grow with the addition of new features, major retailers and expansion into B2B2B enterprise fleet sales.
owlcam is lead by Andy Hodge (founding leader on Apple iPod and iPhone, Microsoft Hololens and was VP at Dropcam). Our 50+ person team is located in Palo Alto, CA. The team has experience from previously creating successful products with over $100B in sales, at places like Apple, Dropcam, Fitbit, and Microsoft.
owlcam’s hiring process is committed to offering equal opportunity to everyone who applies; we hope you do!