Staff Backend Engineer
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our Vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same set of problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it difficult for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
Our vision of the future is making sure that the tens of millions of local business owners get the support and technology they need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
With less than 80 teammates, we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category. Our team includes alumni from tech companies such as Shopify, Instagram, Robinhood, DoorDash, SpaceX, ServiceTitan and institutions such as Stanford, Berkeley, Brown, Wharton, and Y Combinator.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years, we’ve reached $xx,xxx,xxx in annualized revenues and have raised over $43,000,000 in venture capital.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we’re looking for you
Owner.com is looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to join our lean and highly talented team. We are looking for a mission-driven engineer who is passionate about their craft and committed to building incredible products for our customers. This role reports to our Co-Founder & CTO and will be instrumental in executing on our product roadmap.
• Frontend: [React, Nextjs, Vue]
• Backend: [Nodejs, Mongo]
• Typescript everywhere
💻 The impact you will have
- Take ownership of architecting and scaling our backend nodejs application and infrastructure
- Shape our product direction by talking to users and collaborating with other teammates in feature brainstorms/roadmap planning
- Take ownership of projects from conception all the way to shipping
- Help us build a great team — interview, recruit, etc.
✅ Minimum requirements
- Staff level software engineer experience
- 6+ years experience building applications
- Experience at product-focused startup/scaleup or technology company
- Experience scaling with our backend stack (Nodejs, Mongo, AWS)
- High degree of cross-functional collaboration and leadership. Product managers, designers and business leaders from past roles would speak positively and highly of you
- Dedicated to continuous professional development and possessing a lifelong-learner mindset
🏆 Pay and benefits
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $180-200K, plus a generous equity pre-IPO equity package
- Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, work from anywhere (100% remote workplace), unlimited PTO - plus extra fun perks!