Product Management /
Who We Are:
Own Up is a privately held, Boston-based fintech startup that is on a mission to make sure every home buyer receives a fair deal on their mortgage by unconditionally empowering individuals with customized data, personalized advice, and unprecedented access to mortgage lenders to create better financial outcomes and simplify the home financing experience.
We intentionally pursue diversity across all functions within the organization, not only because it makes for a stronger team, but because it moves us closer to the ideals of fairness and inclusion that are at the heart of our mission. We are driven by performance, but we balance that drive with mindfulness for the health and well being of our colleagues and their lives beyond the workplace. We celebrate the effort and learning, as well as the impact, that comes from bold experiments. We value perspective and experience from outside our industry to help drive innovation.
At Own Up we believe that empowered product teams, working together towards a common purpose across product management, design, and engineering, can unlock tremendous value for consumers seeking home financing. Our teams are committed to building intuitive and insightful experiences for consumers to help navigate the most impactful financial transaction of their lives.
- You will run a cross-functional agile team focusing on borrowers’ first touch points with Own Up.
- You’ll manage the entire product development cycle from strategic planning to launch and post-launch optimization.
- Become a domain expert on mortgages and be skilled at building products that simplify this fairly complex space for our customers.
- Interface with leaders across the company to assess value, develop cases and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure that our work focuses on those things with maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new feature requests and continuously monitor closely with engineering, design, marketing, and other stakeholders to break high-level projects down into specification documents with supporting user stories and acceptance criteria supporting various initiatives.
- Collaborate with engineering to continuously represent the voice of your stakeholders during the design and development process.
- Facilitate alignment among executives and other stakeholders as needed.
- 3+ years of experience leading agile teams building B2C products
- Experience designing, executing, and acting on experiments (e.g. A/B testing)
- A proven track record of understanding customer needs and delivering scalable products to solve them
- Ability to integrate qualitative and quantitative research, product data analysis, and market insights to guide product strategy
- Experience working closely with marketing stakeholders on SEO and site performance
- A good listener who can take inputs from across our organization and be a champion of ideas that aligns those stakeholders around our path forward.
- Big upside. We have an experienced founding team, we are well funded with an impressive syndicate of investors, we have a deep bench of well-connected advisors, our customers love our service, and we operate in a massive market.
- This is a chance to make your mark at an early stage company that is growing rapidly.
- We are dedicated to career development and mentor ship.
- You’ll be joining a small but experienced PM team.
- Your manager dedicates time to understanding your aspirations and evolving your skills accordingly.
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Health benefits include medical, dental and vision
- Flexible Time Off
- An intense commitment to company culture that includes core values that are defined and maintained by our employees.
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show it’s head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box; we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes-apply today and let’s discuss!
Own Up is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Own Up is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. We are a drug-free workplace.