VP, Global Customer Support
San Francisco /
Operations – Personal Banking /
Customer Success is our number one priority at Oxygen and we are committed to delivering customer delight with every customer interaction. The VP, Global Customer Support is a core member of the Customer Success team who is accountable for delivering world-class proactive support and leading the team through our exciting and rapid growth.
We are looking for an operational genius with strong support experience, preferably in banking and/or credit who is a tireless advocate for exceeding customer expectations. Success in this role requires a leader to be passionate, innovative, disruptive, open and fun. The ideal candidate: has very successfully run a large (+100 member) operational organization at scale, can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across Oxygen.
- Lead the Global Support organization to deliver world-class Support and proactive help to our customers
- Develop a 3 year strategy, execution roadmap, priorities and investment plan to deliver proactive support vision, deflection and scale/productivity
- Play an active role on the Customer Success team to help develop and define overall strategy
- Develop differentiated, proactive support processes and work closely with engineering to refine and add more features to our back office systems to further increase efficiency
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction, second to none in banking
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance
- Exceed quarterly goals (i.e., response time, resolution time, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Analyze and optimize support operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage budget, drive capacity planning and identify needs and present investments required to improve service levels and customer experience
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing; policy and employee development and goal setting
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Support team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
- 15+ years Customer Support or related Operational leadership experience
- 7+ years experience leading 100+ person organizations at a large scale bank, lender or FinTech company
- 10+ years experience translating takeaways from the Support function into actions that help improve product functionality, positively impacting renewals and sales.
- Understanding of and passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention
- Experience implementing and driving Knowledge, Self-Service, CRM, ERP and Incident management tools for customer support processes
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as needed
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees
- Analytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphere
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
- Expert understanding of business operations and ability to manage a multi-million dollar operating budget
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or equivalent experience.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Process reengineering experience a strong plus