VP of Engineering (Remote)
San Francisco /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - the digital-natives looking for a banking partner that understands how they live and work - providing a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts in a way that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, no paperwork, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and cashback rewards on everyday purchases from approved merchants. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated expense management and invoicing solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the extraordinary, from Oxygen.
Oxygen is looking for an engineering leader to lead and grow our entire Engineer organization. Engineering organization at Oxygen is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Oxygen and our customers. We believe that the engineering work we build today is the foundation for dozens of Oxygen product features in the future, so all engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
As VP of Engineering at Oxygen, you will:
- Build, lead, and grow successful teams of software engineers. Build long term processes for fast growing companies.
- Guide teams to build and deliver high quality products at scale against tight timelines. Build prioritization models and schedules for ambitious releases.
- Work closely with our QA team to ensure that every product deployment meets our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals.
- Work closely with our engineering leaders to identify bottlenecks in the existing software infrastructure and guide the team through a path forward to improve and scale it. Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Set expectations with engineer teams. Establish a sense of urgency and direction. Share clear contexts of problems and challenges. Empower teams to achieve their best work.
We hope you have:
- 10+ years of professional experience, 5+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role.
- Domain knowledge on financial systems and technologies.
- Experience of recruiting and leading engineering teams across the border.
- Experience working in a high-growth and dynamic environment.
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner, apply active listening when working with others, and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- Lead by example and ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
- An appetite and curiosity for learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work and how things should work.
As Engineer Team at Oxygen, We value:
- We believe in “Customer First”. We value people who start with the customers and work backwards, who can drive continuous product improvement based on customer feedback data, who design and improve the product to earn and keep customer trust.
- We believe that we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do, instead of telling them what to do. We value people with autonomy, strong ownership and responsibilities.
- We are in a fast-pacing fast-iteration environment. Our priorities may change frequently. We value people who can thrive with uncertainties and pivot quickly.
- We believe that high engineering standards bring better products. We value people who can bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, processes, and more.
- We need to collaborate with multiple teams and patiently listen to other teams' pain points and requirements. We value people who can communicate effectively and efficiently.
- We are a diverse team with people from different backgrounds. We value people who respect diversity and inclusive culture and can blend in naturally.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Equity from an early stage startup
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Free snacks, Lunch stipend (unfortunately not now during COVID SIP)
- PTOs and sick days
- Awesome opportunities to grow yourself in different ways!
At this moment, we are not able to sponsor any new H1b work visa or Green Card applications. H1b transfer might be possible subject to company policies.