Technical Program Manager
San Francisco /
Engineering – SF Engineering /
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for our Engineering Teams to drive important initiatives. Projects/programs will require general cross organization coordination/facilitation and ownership of results. You’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, versatile programs that affect the entire company. From internal tools to public facing products, you will help accelerate delivery of technical programs at scale by guiding teams, making data-driven decisions, managing risks, and communicating with executives and partners.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll manage the technical projects and programs by developing the vision, governance, roadmap, timelines, milestones, and processes that will allow teams to work seamlessly by collaborating closely with Finance, Accounting, Business Intelligence, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Stakeholder Management - You’ll manage expectations for all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams.
- Build & Maintain Documentation - You’ll develop succinct and high quality internal documentation related to your programs.
- Navigate the Organization - You’ll build knowledge and trust of internal teams to enable efficient execution of programs plans.
- Communications - You’ll manage timely and succinct communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Process - You’ll develop process/frameworks to ensure teamwork is streamlined and optimized for velocity.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years recent experience as a Technical Project Manager, Technical Program Manager at a technology company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
- Minimum 3 years of recent domain experience in and/or direct exposure to Fintech or Money/Revenue Platforms or Banking.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, build processes, and change control management.
- Knowledge of AWS and ability to run SQL queries.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall. Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents, estimating, and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired.
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP certification desired