VP/General Manager, Business Banking Operations
San Francisco /
Operations – Business Banking /
Oxygen is a FinTech company and a modern banking platform that provides banking solutions for the extraordinary free lancers, gig workers, small/medium size businesses. The VP/General Manager, Business Banking Operations is a senior leader in the Operations team, accountable for delivering world-class administration and operations for our Business Banking portfolio. You will have a strong understanding of how to build and/or operationalize banking solutions for business customers, such as LLC set up, tax and insurance products, checking/savings and lending accounts, accounting, wires, multi-accounts, authorized users and invoicing/billing. You must also have working knowledge in applicable federal and state laws such as KYB, AML, BSA, US Patriot Act, and OFAC.
The company is in an exciting and rapid growth phase, which is why we place the highest priority on scaling our capabilities to meet customer demands. This role will expand further into Europe and other global markets.
We are looking for a business banking and an operational genius with strong experience in growing business banking portfolios. Success in this role requires a leader to be passionate, innovative, disruptive, open, detail oriented and fun. The ideal candidate: has very successfully run a large (+100 member) business banking operations organization and can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across Oxygen.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities and initiatives to grow and scale our business banking operations while maintaining focus on exceptional client experience and value for our cardholders.
- Develop a 3 year strategy, execution roadmap, priorities and investment plan to deliver on great business banking solutions as LLC set up, tax and insurance products, checking/savings and lending accounts, accounting, wires, multi-accounts, authorized users and invoicing/billing.
- Play an active role on the company leadership and operations leadership team to help develop and define overall strategy
- Develop differentiated, proactive support processes and work closely with engineering to refine and add more features to our back office systems to further increase efficiency
- Work closely with Business Development, Product Management and Engineering teams, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction, second to none in banking, while delivering an impeccable regulatory compliant results.
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance
- Drive and meet quarterly goals (i.e., response time, resolution time, customer satisfaction, claims decision quality, automation)
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Analyze and optimize support operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage budget, drive capacity planning and identify needs and present investments required to improve service levels and customer experience
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing; policy and employee development and goal setting
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Operations team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
Experience and Competency
- Several years in Business Banking product development or Business Banking Operational leadership experience
- Strong experience leading 100+ person organizations at a large scale bank, lender or FinTech company
- Understanding of and passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention
- Experience building products for business banking customers and scaling operations.
- Experience implementing and driving Knowledge, Self-Service, CRM, ERP and Incident management tools for dispute processes
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as needed
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees
- Analytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphere
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
- Expert understanding of business operations and ability to manage a multi-million dollar operating budget
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA preferred.