Senior Data Engineer - Infrastructure (Remote)
San Francisco /
Data – Data Engineering /
Oxygen’s data team is looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about data infrastructure and data analytics. You will help the team set the foundation of data science analysis and machine learning models. You will learn about the latest trends in Fintech, teach others in the company about analytics, and democratize the use of our data. You will set the tone of how our data is integrated into each part of our business. You will be an integral part of providing data-driven insights that inform significant business decisions by setting up data infrastructure, building data pipelines, deploying machine learning models to production, and implementing reporting frameworks for internal business users as well as external partners.
Data Team is the foundation of Oxygen. It empowers business with Data Science and Machine Learning, providing business value with machine learning based features on multiple lines of business. Our mission is to cultivate data-centric culture throughout the organization.
As Data Infrastructure Engineer, you will
- Own, build and continuously improve Oxygen data infrastructure. Become an expert on all aspects of Oxygen’s data and analytical infrastructure.
- Own, build and manage scalable batch/real time pipelines for ingesting, processing, and delivering data to our business users
- Create a framework for Machine Learning model lifecycle management.
- Apply quality measures to ensure data governance and accuracy.
- Work with C level business leaders and cross functional partners to identify business problems, define key metrics and build reporting to monitor and measure performance along those metrics.
- Conduct in-depth data analyses that lead to actionable insights, owning the entire process from ideation to execution to presentation of findings to stakeholders.
We hope you have
- BA/BS in a quantitative field.
- Prior startup and Fintech experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in building/operating/maintaining fault tolerant and scalable data processing integrations using AWS.
- Experience in setting up data pipelines and deploying machine learning models to production.
- Experience with open source and big data services like Kafka, Spark, Flink, Redis, etc.
- Experience using data processing frameworks and orchestrations tools such as Airflow, Luigi, Glue, Dask etc.
- Experience with a scripting language (preferably Python) for analysis.
- Proficient writing SQL queries and with data warehousing concepts working on Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- Optimistic, enjoys the challenge of building a world changing FinTech start-up from the ground level.
- High EQ, Low ego. Plays well with business partners across the company. We are a small team.
- Grasp of statistics and experience conducting rigorous data analyses for Business Operations / Marketing / Finance functions.
- Passion for democratizing data throughout the company and communicating insights to a broad audience with varying levels of technical expertise.
As Data Team at Oxygen, we value:
- We believe that we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do, instead of telling them what to do. We value people with autonomy, strong ownership and responsibilities, who are a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- We are in a fast-pacing fast-iteration environment. Our priorities may change frequently. We value people who can thrive with uncertainties and pivot quickly, who can juggle multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- We need to collaborate with multiple teams and patiently listen to other teams' pain points and requirements. We value people who can communicate technical results to non-technical colleagues with effective storytelling.
- At Oxygen, everyone is wearing multiple hats and we hope you can be flexible and willing to identify critical business areas and pivot quickly.
- We are a diverse team with people from different backgrounds. We value people who respect diversity and inclusive culture and can blend in naturally.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity from an early stage startup.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits.
- PTOs and sick days.
- Awesome opportunities to grow yourself in different ways.
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - providing digital natives, creators and entrepreneurs pushing everyday boundaries a banking partner that understands how they live and work (can cut here is desired) by offering a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and Cashback rewards on everyday purchases. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the Extraordinary.
At this moment, we are not able to sponsor any new H1b work visa or Green Card applications. H1b transfer might be possible subject to company policies.