Director, Social Media & Influencer Marketing
San Francisco /
Marketing – Marketing /
As the Social Media & Influencer Marketing Manager, you’ll manage the creation of social media strategies, and the planning and execution of successful social media and influencer campaigns. Ultimately, you should be able to increase brand awareness and audience engagement across a range of social platforms, and be able to report on the effectiveness of your activity.
You should have excellent multitasking skills, a creative way of thinking, brand understanding, and be comfortable presenting ideas and results to both clients and internal teams. You’ll have previous experience in social media and influencer marketing and be comfortable leading your own projects. You’ll need to be happy addressing current clients and prospects, and using social listening and analytics tools.
You’ll work closely with the Creative, Content & Digital PR, Paid Media, and Data Science & teams, and report to the CEO.
Role & responsibility
Develop and execute influencer marketing strategies and creative campaigns
Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders
Attend relevant events for networking and business purposes
Develop content ideasa nd write and curate content
Research relevant industry experts, competitors, target audience and users
Brainstorm new, creative approaches to influencer campaigns
Keep abreast of emerging trends, technologies and influencers
Liaising with the marketing team to create and coordinate marketing strategies that work across different channels
• Audience: Work alongside the Data Science & Audience Insights team and use our social listening tools to identify and build an understanding of our clients’/prospects’ target audiences and trends
• Set clear objectives: Agree objectives for campaigns considering traffic, brand awareness, customer retention, online reputation, leads or sales as a starting point
• Social strategy: Work alongside our Content & Digital PR team to define and manage the Social strategy. This may also include working alongside the Paid Media team when amplifying social campaigns.
• Campaign Analysis: Analyze the end of campaign performance, coming back to the campaign objectives and business goals, and identifying successes and areas for improvement
• Influencer marketing: Define the right approach for influencers to meet the set objectives. Identify and liaise with relevant influencers, negotiating fair rates for content, and ensuring the relevant agreements are in place
• Project management skills: Effectively manage campaigns, ensuring they’re delivered on time, to a high standard; communicating with social influencers and platform partners will be necessary, as well as internal communications, i.e. with the Creative, Content & Digital PR, and Paid Media teams
• New Business: Build responses to prospects’ briefs, identifying areas for improvement and ideas for new activity and be able to present these in a compelling way to senior stakeholders
• Presentation and people skills: Strong presentation and speaking skills; ability to build and maintain relationships easily; ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships; organized (you’ll work on multiple projects at once), with high attention to detail; a proactive, can-do attitude
Qualification & skills requirements
• Proven work experience within social media
• Expertise in managing multiple social media platforms
• Ability to deliver creative content ideas
• Familiarity with online marketing strategies and channels
• Expertise with social listening and community management tools, e.g. BrandWatch, Pulsar, Sprout, etc.
• Paid social knowledge is beneficial, but not essential
• Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
• Maintains excellent writing and language skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Multitasking and analytics skills