Senior Director, Dispute Operations (Remote - US Only)
San Francisco /
Operations – Personal Banking /
Customer trust and regulatory compliance is our number one priority at Oxygen and we are committed to delivering customer delight and trust with every customer interaction. The Senior Director, Global Disputes Operations is a core member of the Operations team who is accountable for delivering world-class Reg E debit card disputes claim investigation, chargeback and customer communication process. You will be working with 3rd Party operations team to ensure customer's claims are investigated in a timely and high quality fashion, while ensuring customers are given transparent and frequent communications of the process. You must have a deep understanding of the Regulation E and have successfully lead operations for that process. The company is in an exciting and rapid growth phase, which is why we place the highest priority on customer trust and thus this operations is critical to instilling trust in our customers. This role will expand further into Reg Z credit space as well as expansion into Europe.
We are looking for an operational genius with strong support experience, preferably in banking and/or credit who is a tireless advocate for exceeding customer expectations. Success in this role requires a leader to be passionate, innovative, disruptive, open and fun. The ideal candidate: has very successfully run a large (+100 member) operational organization at scale, can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across Oxygen.
- Lead the Global Disputes organization to deliver world-class Reg E claims investigation process and proactively help to our customers.
- Must have a deep understanding of the Regulation E and have successfully lead operations for that process.
- Develop a 3 year strategy, execution roadmap, priorities and investment plan to deliver proactive support vision, deflection and scale/productivity
- Play an active role on the company leadership and operations leadership team to help develop and define overall strategy
- Develop differentiated, proactive support processes and work closely with engineering to refine and add more features to our back office systems to further increase efficiency
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction, second to none in banking, while delivering an impeccable regulatory compliant results.
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance
- Exceed quarterly goals (i.e., response time, resolution time, customer satisfaction, claims decision quality, automation)
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Analyze and optimize support operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage budget, drive capacity planning and identify needs and present investments required to improve service levels and customer experience
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing; policy and employee development and goal setting
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Operations team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
Experience and Competency Requirements:
- 10+ years Risk Operations, Disputes, Reg E/Z, or related Operational leadership experience
- 7+ years experience leading 100+ person organizations at a large scale bank, lender or FinTech company
- Understanding of and passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention
- Experience implementing and driving Knowledge, Self-Service, CRM, ERP and Incident management tools for dispute processes
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as needed
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees
- Analytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphere
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
- Expert understanding of business operations and ability to manage a multi-million dollar operating budget
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, computer science or equivalent experience.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Process reengineering experience a strong plus