VP/General Manager, Consumer Lending Operations
San Francisco /
Credit – Consumer Lending /
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - the digital-natives looking for a banking partner that understands how they live and work - providing a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts. The VP/General Manager of Consumer Lending is accountable for launching world-class lending products and operations for the consumer banking customers. You will have a deep understanding of credit and lending product development, underwriting operations, and 3rd party vendor management. We are looking for a consumer lending genius to create, launch and jump start our highly anticipated consumer lending products. You must also have a working knowledge of collections. In addition, have working knowledge in applicable federal and state laws such as TILA/Reg Z, FCRA, ECOA/Fair Lending, BSA/AML, SCRA and Reg E.
The company is in an exciting and rapid growth phase, which is why we place the highest priority on scaling our capabilities to meet customer demands. This role will expand further into Europe and other global markets.
Success in this role requires a leader to be passionate, innovative, disruptive, open, detail oriented and fun. The ideal candidate: has very successfully run a large (+100 member) credit and lending product and operations organization and can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across Oxygen.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities and initiatives to create, grow and scale our lending products and operations (including collections) while maintaining focus on exceptional client experience and value for our cardholders.
- Develop a 3 year strategy, execution roadmap, priorities and investment plan to deliver proactive support vision and scale/productivity
- Play an active role on the company leadership and operations leadership team to help develop and define overall strategy
- Develop differentiated, proactive support processes and work closely with engineering to refine and add more features to our back office systems to further increase efficiency
- Work closely with Business Development, Product Management and Engineering teams, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction, second to none in banking, while delivering impeccable regulatory compliant results.
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance.
- Exceed quarterly goals (i.e., account sign ups, credit loss, customer satisfaction)
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Analyze and optimize support operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvementManage budget, drive capacity planning and identify needs and present investments required to improve service levels and customer experience
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing; policy and employee development and goal setting
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Operations team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
- Fintech experience (we move fast)Several years in credit and lending product development and operations leadership experience. Experience in building a program from scratch, especially lines of credit and credit cards.
- Strong experience leading 100+ person organizations at a Lender or Fintech company
- Expert understanding of business operations and ability to manage a multi-million dollar operating budget and P&L.
- Understanding of and passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention
- Experience building products for consumer banking customers and scaling operations through automation and technology. Experience implementing and driving Self-Service, CRM, De-risking Risk, ERP, Procedure development and Incident management tools for dispute processes.
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as neededAnalytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented with ability to critically audit experiences and data.
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvementDemonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphereDesire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employeesSkilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA preferred.