Director of Business Analytics & Reporting
San Francisco /
Finance – Business Analytics & Reporting /
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - the digital-natives looking for a banking partner that understands how they live and work - providing a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts in a way that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, no paperwork, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and cashback rewards on everyday purchases from approved merchants. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated expense management and invoicing solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the extraordinary, from Oxygen.
Oxygen is looking for an experienced Director of Business Analytics & Reporting. The ideal candidate can effectively articulate recommendations on company and product-level strategy rooted in deep data analytics, inference, and sound judgment. The candidate is expected to be a great communicator, business/product focused and has a customer centric mindset.
You are passionate about answering business and product related questions using insights derived from data analysis. You will own, oversee, measure and monitor business and product related KPI’s. You will be responsible for tracking and steering the business and its product lines towards monthly and quarterly goals, as well as provide your stakeholders with visibility on metrics that matter. You will play an integral part in providing data-driven insights that inform significant business/product decisions and build reports for internal stakeholders, as well as external partners.
Who you are:
- You are able to clearly and succinctly communicate both written and verbally to all levels within the organization
- You understand the meaning of and the importance of KPI’s, OKR’s, Key Business Metrics and can drive projects to successful conclusion
- You are experienced in using data and analytics to enable the company to meet it objectives (KPI's/OKR's,etc.)
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who brings ideas, creativity, and innovative solutions to the table
What you will do:
- You will partner with all teams across the business (product, marketing, growth, finance, people, operations, etc.) to measure the performance of each team's initiatives
- You will plan, build, maintain, and monitor dashboards reporting the health of key business and product metrics
- You will leverage existing data (and in some instances external data) to uncover insights to guide product strategy and decision-making
- You will Identify and prioritize new sources of data that add value to the company
- You will develop, implement, maintain and track the monthly and quarterly business review process across the organization. You will also support executive and board related business reporting
- You will drive a culture of experimentation, just-in-time testing and continuous improvement across the company
- You will forge a strong working relationship with all department leads with an eye to helping them better understand and run their business using data to illuminate insights within their departments
Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in a financial and analytical role
- BA/BS in a quantitative field (MBA is a plus)
- Experience working for a FinTech company is be strongly preferred
- Extensive experience aligning investment of resources against a company's business strategy and objectives
- Experience at a high-growth venture-backed tech company
- Proficient writing SQL queries and with data warehousing concepts working on Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- Experience with a scripting language (preferably Python) for analysis is preferred
- Experienced in juggle multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Passion for democratizing data throughout the company and communicating insights to a broad audience with varying levels of technical expertise
- Deep understanding of business analytics as it relates to overall financials, budget forecasting and ROI assessment/tracking
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Optimistic, enjoys the challenge of building a world changing FinTech start-up from the ground level
- High EQ, Low ego. Plays well with business partners across the company. We are a small team
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Equity from an early stage startup
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Free snacks, Lunch stipend (unfortunately not now during COVID SIP)
- PTOs and sick days
- Awesome opportunities to grow yourself in different ways!
At this moment, we are not able to sponsor any new H1b work visa or Green Card applications. H1b transfer might be possible subject to company policies