Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco /
Data Science – Data Science & Machine Learning /
Oxygen is a modern digital banking platform designed for the 21st century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of digital natives, freelancers and small businesses – providing worry-free personal and business banking solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Through the Oxygen app, users can manage everyday expenses on their Oxygen Visa Debit Card, helping provide freedom, flexibility and predictability.
Data Science Team is the foundation of Oxygen. It empowers business with Data Science and Machine Learning, providing business value with machine learning based features on multiple lines of business. Our mission is to cultivate data-centric culture throughout the organization.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Oxygen, You will:
- Tackle business problems and drive business decisions with Data Science solutions and Machine Learning models,
- Lead and strategize projects in one of many domain areas (Product Feature, Fraud & Risk, Operation, Marketing, etc)
- Communicate analytical results effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Generate reports, dashboards for internal customers
- Improve App features through A/B testing
- Build fraud detection model to identify potential fraudulent activities
- Identify frequently asked questions in customer support chat transcripts through NLP
- Analyze marketing channel campaign effectiveness
Based on the domain area you are interested in, you will work on projects like:
We hope you have:
- Solid knowledge of Machine Learning models and when to apply them
- Hands-on experience in applying Machine Learning models to solve real-world problems from beginning to end
- Strong programming skills: intermediate to expert in SQL, data science programming languages (python preferred)
- Strong communication skills and experience to collaborate with cross-functional teams
As Data Science Team at Oxygen, we value:
- We believe that we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do, instead of telling them what to do. We value people with autonomy, strong ownership and responsibilities.
- We are in a fast-pacing fast-iteration environment. Our priorities may change frequently. We value people who can thrive with uncertainties and pivot quickly.
- We need to collaborate with multiple teams and patiently listen to other teams' pain points and requirements. We value people who can communicate technical results to non-technical colleagues with effective storytelling.
- We are a diverse team with people from different backgrounds. We value people who respect diversity and inclusive culture and can blend in naturally.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Equity from an early stage startup
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Free snacks, Lunch stipend (unfortunately not now during COVID SIP)
- PTOs and sick days
- Awesome opportunities to grow yourself in different ways!