Human Resources Business Partner - Compliance & Enagement
Home Office – Human Resources /
P3 Veterinary Partners is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our growing team in a full-time capacity. This is a 15-month contract.
P3 is a 100% Canadian-owned veterinary practice group. Our mission is to empower veterinary teams to live their passion and focus on unparalleled care for pets and the people who love them. Through our dynamic group of small animal hospitals, P3 strives to be the best place to work in veterinary health care.
Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, you are a solution and service oriented professional who will be working hands on with our leaders in operations and clinics to ensure compliance and engagement, thus driving HR consistency, employee understanding and engagement around P3’s culture and people processes.
Core responsibilities will include advising, guiding, educating and supporting clinic leaders as it pertains to the management of their human resources from an operational and compliance perspective with a focus on Health & Safety, Employee Relations and staff engagement.
The successful candidate will focus on:
- Partnering with the business in conducting HR initiatives and providing subject matter expertise in HR matters
- Acting as a true HR Generalist and first point of contact for employees
- Coaching and supporting employees and managers on employee relations matters including employee concerns, performance, performance improvement plans (PIP), leaves of absence, career advancement, retention, recognition, etc.
- Work closely with the clinics leadership to ensure a health & safety plan is put in place, support clinics with compliance and conduct regular check ins
- Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Contributing to policy updates or developing new policies as required and working with leaders to roll out to the organization.
- Assist in implementing Performance Management process while ensuring administrative support and follow through
- Be part of a larger team working on transitioning from current HRIS to Workday
- Work with managers to implement action plans as a result of our Employee Engagement Survey
- Other HR related duties and special projects as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of generalist HR experience, with at least 2 years as an HR Business Partner, in a fast-scaling organization, ideally in a cross provincial organization
- Solid knowledge of Health & Safety general requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of Canadian labor legislation including Human Rights and ESA.
- Highly motivated, energetic individual with the ability to be self-directed
- Proven track record as a trusted partner who has credibility and positive long-term impact
- Known as a genuine collaborator and team-player - an inclusive mindset and ability to build great relationships at all levels of the organization
- Adaptable to fast-paced and quickly changing environment and work priorities
- Superior attention to detail when reviewing departmental templates, processes and initiatives
- SHRM, CHRP or other HR certification is preferred
- We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Wage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount on veterinary services for your own pets
On-site or remote work option available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.