Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT)
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Grande Prairie Animal Hospital – Clinical Team /
Full-time or Part-time /
Are you looking to join a friendly, inclusive, and experienced team that will welcome you with open arms? Looking for a supportive, engaging, and collaborative environment where RVTs are utilized fully? Well look no further!
Grande Prairie Animal Hospital has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and compassionate RVT. Each of our RVTs is currently responsible for approximately 3 - 4 on-call shifts per month. Our team of 2 Veterinarians, 2 RVTs, and an incredible support staff roster takes pride in providing exceptional care to our clients and their beloved pets. We have worked hard to foster a supportive practice culture, and look forward to supporting our next RVT team member.
Only 6% of hospitals in Canada are accredited by AAHA, and our Small Animal hospital is one of them. We celebrate best practices, and support each other unconditionally. Being an AAHA-Accredited practice means we are constantly striving to be better, with clear protocols and progressive culture. We are a resilient and close-knit team that prides itself on providing the best possible care to our pet patients, and we aren’t afraid to have FUN in the process. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
- Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Total Compensation - We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: https://grandeprairieanimalhosp.com/