Small Animal Veterinarian
Prince Rupert, BC
Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital - Prince Rupert – Clinical Team /
Full-time or Part-time /
Are you passionate about hiking, kayaking, fishing, and exploring the Great Canadian Outdoors? Are you looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the larger cities, and ditch the crowds, traffic, and daily commute?
Escape to Prince Rupert, a quaint coastal community of over 12,000 people on the northwest coast of British Columbia.If you’re ready for the experience of a lifetime in a picturesque Canadian location, but don't want to shovel snow out of your driveway… then you can’t afford to miss this awesome opportunity!
Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital in Prince Rupert is seeking a full-time Veterinarian to join our compassionate and energetic team. New graduates searching for a great way to pay off student debt while gaining experience with a wide variety of cases are welcome. For the right individual, we would absolutely consider the possibility of buy-in too. Either way, it’s incredibly important to us that you have a voice and take an active role in the evolution of our hospital, because it will be your hospital too.
Prince Rupert is a rural city centre populated by people with a sense of adventure and a love for the Great Canadian Outdoors. We are a northern port city, but it isn’t cold here. Our coastal climate is celebrated by outdoor enthusiasts that enjoy world-class hiking, kayaking, and mountain biking - even in the winter months! Prince Rupert is a hub for the region’s natural and cultural heritage, and a gateway to spectacular wilderness areas, such as the Khutzeymateen Grizzly Sanctuary bear habitat. It is a close-knit community and a sanctuary for nature lovers fighting back against traffic, pollution, and escalating property prices in other beautiful coastal locations in British Columbia. Being in a remote location, our Veterinary Professionals enjoy the challenges of interesting cases and we are constantly learning and growing together. We are dedicated to practicing fear free, high-quality medicine, and we look forward to nurturing the establishment of our next team member.
Total Compensation - Our clinic values our Veterinarians, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus one week of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Eligibility for a Performance Bonus
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
- Comprehensive Immigration Assistance provided by experienced immigration lawyer on retainer for out-of-country applicants.
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.pacificcoastvet.com/site/home
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more.