Technical Manager, ER
Burlington Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital – Management /
Technical Manager wanted! Calling all experienced RVTs!
Burlington Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital is searching for an experienced RVT that would like to retain their RVT skills and simultaneously assume managerial responsibilities.
If you inspire others, and are searching for an opportunity to lead – search no further! Don’t miss this opportunity to move your career forward and help lead an Emergency RVT team in the capacity of Technical Manager.
The Technical Manager provides onsite leadership and oversight of the ER RVT team to ensure that high quality care is provided to our patients and their people. Some of the primary responsibilities include: scheduling, hiring, onboarding training, coaching, long-term development planning and performance reviews.
The successful candidate will be scheduled for an average of 36 - 40 hours per week on site at the Hospital and must be able to pick up overnight shifts if there are gaps in the schedule and coverage is required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide onsite leadership and oversight of the Emergency department’s RVT team in order to maximize overall performance of the hospital
- Lead the continuous improvement of the quality of customer service and medical care
- Responsible for scheduling, training, and mentorship of Emerg RVT team
- Ensure smooth communication throughout a client’s visit. Work alongside the Medical Director to resolve client concerns
- Ensure team has sufficient and appropriate resources to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Understand and help manage the financial drivers of the hospital
- Ensure Cost of Sales as a percent of revenue is in line with budget. Maintain reasonable levels of inventory and put plans of action in place to eliminate bulk ordering and expired goods
- Work with Regional Manager and Medical Director to prioritize equipment and facility needs. Assist with sourcing and purchasing as needed
- Follow and adhere to the monthly schedule authorization and predict staffing needs. Verify that the financial health of the Hospital supports planned new hires
- Act as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent.
- Set others up for success and foster open, proactive, and cooperative relationships
- Monitor and discuss the Key Performance Indicators for hospital and team member performance with Regional Manager and Medical Director and implement an action plan where necessary
- Recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
- Meet expectations and timelines determined by Regional Manager in relation to hospital initiatives. Hold the team accountable on job responsibilities and deliverables
- Ensures the hospital team is able to succeed in their duties by providing coaching, development, training, mentorship and education as required
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a veterinary or medical health care team is preferred
- Education and training in business administration preferred
- In-depth understanding of Human Resources and proven experience leading and innovating practices preferred
- A vision to foster an inclusive, employee-centric culture
- Experience developing strategic and multi-year business plans, resource forecasts, and in managing operational budgets
- Experience with coaching, conflict resolution, and performance management
- Proven ability to build and nurture relationships at all levels
- Ability to influence and communicate in a clear and effective manner
- An approach that is progressive, strategic, humble, and achievement oriented
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
Total Compensation - we will support your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at www.bverh.com to learn more.