Small Animal Veterinarian
Timmins Animal Hospital – Clinical Team /
Full-time or Part-time /
Partnership Opportunity in Timmins! Are you passionate about high-quality medicine, hiking, kayaking, and fishing? Are you looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the larger cities, but still want to retain access to all the amenities? Look no further! Timmins Animal Hospital has an amazing opportunity for a DVM interested in a beautiful balance of work and play. If you're passionate about providing unparalleled high-quality care for pets and want to love what you do, and where you live - we want to hear from you.
Timmins is located in Northeastern Ontario along the Mattagami River in one of the richest mineral producing areas in the Western Hemisphere. There are over 500 lakes and rivers in the area, making Timmins a marquis destination for those with a passion for water sports such as boating, fishing, canoeing and kayaking. Timmins' 4 predictable seasons empower outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy winter activities like dog sledding, horse-drawn sleigh rides, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and downhill skiing or snowboarding at Kamiskotia Ski Resort. With its expansive network of groomed and interconnected trails, Timmins is frequently described as “heaven on earth” by snowmobilers and cross-country skiers. Spring prompts planning for hiking, fishing, kayaking, and canoe trips. Beautiful boreal forests, peace, tranquility, and legendary northern hospitality attracts tourists from all over the world to Timmins.
Timmins offers countless Great Canadian outdoor opportunities just off its doorstep, and with a population of over 40,000, residents of Timmins simultaneously enjoy all the amenities the larger cities offer, without the commute, traffic, or expensive property prices.
Timmins Animal Hospital has been a full-service animal hospital since 1974. We are devoted to managing the health of your dogs and cats. We have always emphasized preventative health care for our patients and this remains our focus to this day. In addition to preventative care, you can look to us for veterinary medical, surgical and dental services too. We offer the convenience of our own in-house laboratory, and are equipped for diagnostic imaging (radiography and ultrasonography) to aid in the diagnosis of internal conditions and for assessing orthopedic (bone) disease and injuries.
Total Compensation - Our clinic values our Veterinarians, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus one week of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Eligibility for a Performance Bonus
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
- Comprehensive Immigration Assistance provided by experienced immigration lawyer on retainer for out-of-country applicants.
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.timminsanimalhospital.com
Contact Information: Text or call Aysha at 289-707-4235 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org