Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Creston Veterinary Hospital – Clinical Team /
Full-time or Part-time
Thrive as a Mixed Animal RVT at Creston Veterinary Hospital!
Driven by a strong community service philosophy and a commitment to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse environment, we've been an integral hub for veterinary care in the Kootenays for nearly 50 years. So, if you're looking for an opportunity to experience the continued legacy of Dr. Dave Perrin, author of the "Adventures of a Country Vet" book series, this is it!
Adhering to a high standard in ethical and compassionate medicine, our facility is fully equipped with an in-house laboratory and pharmacy, digital radiology (including a dental and portable unit), medical-grade laser, ultrasound (in-house and portable), as well as a full array of large and small animal surgical equipment.
We challenge you to practice your interpersonal, technical, and surgical skills; be prepared to immediately impact the health and well-being of the local animals and our community. We serve six major dairies in the Creston Valley for routine herd health, as well as equine and hobby farms, and a large variety of small animal species. Additionally, we are nestled between the steep scarps of the Selkirk and Purcell mountains and are anchored to the southern arm of Kootenay Lake by the Frog Bear Conservation Area. The proximity to this corridor makes for exceptional wildlife viewing and a diverse caseload. Enjoy everything the Kootenays offers; thriving arts, culture, and outdoor adventure experiences, knowing that team members' workload is shared evenly by maintaining a rotating schedule. Our team is committed to a positive environment with a strong focus on learning and professional growth. We offer exceptional mentorship and a generous CE allowance; thus, we encourage new graduates to apply!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
- Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Total Compensation - We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.