Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Downtown Veterinary Clinic - Victoria – Clinical Team /
Full-time or Part-time /
Walk to work. Surround yourself with beauty. No “after hours call” – Live!
A full-time RVT position is now available in the heart of Victoria B.C., at Downtown Veterinary Clinic.
If you believe in quality, skill and relationships we want to hear from you – regardless of level of experience. Our team takes pride in working closely with our clients to ensure that our patients receive exceptional care. We have worked hard to foster a supportive practice culture. Our approach is to fully utilize our team members, with RVTs upholding a high standard of care. We are a well-equipped hospital with an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, and ultrasound.
Lifestyle is important to us too, we work hard, and then take time for ourselves – there are no on-call responsibilities. In our minds, the right candidate for the job is passionate about caring for pets, kind-hearted, and friendly. We want to support our RVTs in roles that make them feel proud, and we are committed to motivating and empowering our team members.
It’s true, our hospital name says it all. We are located downtown and are lucky enough to be surrounded by incredible shops and restaurants, why wouldn’t we take advantage of that?!
Victoria, the “City of Gardens,” is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island, off Canada’s Pacific coast. Victoria’s breathtaking rainforests and vibrant cultural scene are praised by tourists worldwide, but for the 300,000+ residents of the GVA, Victoria is home to the perfect Canadian mosaic of wild beauty, city amenities, and cultural diversity. Paddle through the iconic harbour in your spare time, hike to a waterfall, or immerse yourself in the booming arts scene. It’s all possible in Victoria, which is why it’s so easy to love.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
- Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Total Compensation - We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: https://www.downtownvet.ca