Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Kitimat Veterinary Hospital – Clinical Team /
Full-time or Part-time /
Amazing RVT opportunity in Kitimat! Are you looking for a relaxed, affordable, and quiet lifestyle in one of the most picturesque areas of BC? Are you looking to join a supportive, engaging, and collaborative environment where RVTs are utilized fully?
Find everything you're looking for at Kitimat Veterinary Hospital. Our friendly and cohesive team understands the importance of client education, preventative medicine, and a team-based approach to patient care. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Kitimat offers a unique blend of small-town peace, all the amenities you'll ever need, and quick access to unparalleled hiking, fishing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and other amazing outdoor activities. Kitimat is surrounded by old-growth forests, rivers, lakes, and mountains. The abundance of natural parks in the area, complete with spawning salmon, moose, and grizzly bears makes the area a paradise for nature lovers, photographers, and those with an affinity for the Great Canadian outdoors. If you're looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, get ahead financially, and simultaneously advance your career in an affordable town surrounded by beautiful wilderness - let's talk!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
- Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Total Compensation - We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.