Small Animal Veterinarian
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Animal Hospital Sault Ste. Marie – Clinical Team /
Full-time or Part-time /
Situated just north of the U.S. border at the intersection of 3 Great Lakes, Sault Ste. Marie has something for everyone. Enjoy the sandy beaches, swimming, boating, camping, hiking, kayaking, or mountain biking along the coast of Lake Superior. Explore the waterfalls in the area too – and soak in the summer sunshine. In the winter, ski and snowboard at Searchmont Resort, a premiere mountain featuring 21 runs. Winter enthusiasts also enjoy skating at the outdoor rinks, sleigh rides, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. Embrace the wild beauty of the area, and embrace adventure! The New York Times rated Sault Ste. Marie's ice caves as one of the top 52 places in the world to visit, and Agawa Canyon was similarly praised by National Geographic.
Sault Ste. Marie is growing rapidly, and while over 73,000 people are proud to call the city home, it is frequently described as a beautiful blend of small-town values and big-city amenities. The best of both worlds. Sault Ste. Marie boasts a large retail sector, a Canadian Hockey League team, a fully-equipped hospital, an international airport, and a vibrant arts & cultural scene. Another compelling reason to consider Sault Ste. Marie is affordability! The average cost of a 3-bedroom detached home is under $250,000! Enjoy Canadian culture, while averting the escalating property prices in other parts of Ontario. Escape the commute too! Sault Ste. Marie ranked second in Ontario for shortest distance from home to work, according to a study from the Pembina Institute. This is the type of place where you can finish work and be at the cottage in 10 minutes for a sauna and swim. Escape the rat race! Sault Ste Marie, a sanctuary for outdoor enthusiasts that would like to retain big-city amenities.
Animal Hospital in Sault Ste. Marie is searching for a Small Animal DVM to join our fully-equipped general practice. Our ideal candidate wants to practice gold standard medicine, and enjoys a mix of appointments and surgeries. For the right individual, we are absolutely open to buy-in (partnership).
Total Compensation - Our clinic values our Veterinarians, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus one week of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Eligibility for a Performance Bonus
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
- Comprehensive Immigration Assistance provided by experienced immigration lawyer on retainer for out-of-country applicants.
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.animalhospitalsaultstemarie.ca
Contact Information: Text or call Aysha at 289-707-4235 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org