Sales Development Representative (Remote)
Sales and Marketing /
About the role
As Sales Development Representative, you will define and scale up Pachama’s outbound sales efforts. You'll be developing new business opportunities through outbound prospecting, email campaigns, and inbound lead follow-up. You will work closely with Pachama’s Account Executives to generate pipeline and drive revenue growth. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated interest in climate tech, and a track record of success in unstructured, startup environments.
This role is remote (with a preference for being within 3 hours of Pacific time.)
Who We Are:
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
What You Will Help Us With:
- Gain command of the Pachama message, and become an expert on the company’s forest monitoring, procurement, and project origination solutions
- Partner with Account Executives and to identify and prioritize strategic opportunities and build a robust sales pipeline
- Maintain active engagement with leads through creative follow-up, generating increased interest and excitement in Pachama
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to implement prospect communication plans for high-value targets
- Utilize outbound prospecting and research tools, coordinate with sales team members to qualify opportunities; prepare for and book intro meetings with target prospects
- Take ownership of all inbound leads
Experience & Skills We're Looking For:
- 1+ years of full-time work experience
- Bachelor's Degree - a focus in environmental science or sustainability is a plus
- Track record of high attainment against well-defined activity and results goals
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in an unstructured, results-driven environment
- Exceptional verbal and written client communication skills
- Passionate about addressing climate change
- Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus!
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.