Carbon Solutions Partner (Remote)
Sales and Marketing /
Pachama is seeking a dynamic and technically adept Carbon Solutions Partner to join our team. As the Carbon Solutions Partner, you will play a pivotal role in driving our business growth by combining your deep technical expertise of carbon markets with communication and relationship skills. You will be responsible for engaging with prospective and existing clients, understanding their carbon credit needs, and effectively conveying how Pachama's technical solutions can provide them with measurable, impactful, and verifiable nature based credit purchase and project investment opportunities.
This role is remote. However, being within 3 hours of Pacific time is preferred for this role given cross-functional communication responsibilities.
Who We Are:
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
What You Will Help Us With:
- Partner with the Sales team to advise clients on how to make investments in nature with Pachama's technology tools and projects offerings
- Deliver compelling and informative presentations and demonstrations of Pachama’s technology and value proposition to various audiences including technical stakeholders, C-level executives, and corporate sustainability experts
- Generate content (i.e. technical memos, presentations, policy briefs, RFP responses) to demonstrate the unique value of Pachama's technology solutions in the context of a high integrity and transparent Voluntary Carbon Market
- Continuously track and gather market and policy insights to contribute to the refinement of Pachama’s product offerings
- Collaborate with Product, Science, and Supply teams to deliver project-specific data to meet commercial objectives related to Pachama Marketplace and Originals business
Experience & Skills We're Looking For:
- 2-4 years of experience in a relevant field such carbon markets or forest carbon projects
- Proven track record in a technical sales or business development role, preferably in the carbon market sector
- Strong understanding of carbon offset methodologies, carbon markets, and environmental sustainability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to perform net new research, synthesize technical information, and offer perspectives on market policies that impact clients' credit purchase/investment behavior
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with carbon registries is a plus
- Experience supporting corporate carbon credit procurement is a plus
$162,000 - $169,000 a year
The salary range for this position is $162,000 USD to $169,000 OTE USD, inclusive of bonus. Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The salary for each posting reflects the compensation for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. The position is also eligible for equity.
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.